Network Monitoring System - Recommendations?

Charlie Khanna - NextWeb charlie at nextweb.net
Thu Oct 28 07:01:42 UTC 2004

Hi - I was interested in finding out what software applications other ISPs
are using for network monitoring?  For example:

1)       Overall network health - uptime reports

2)       Backup router config automatically

3)       Bandwidth reporting (or integration with an MRTG-type app)

4)       SNMP trap support (BGP/OSPF session drops - emails out)

5)       Database back end (port info into or over to other apps)

I'm just looking for something well rounded for a small ISP.  I've heard
about OpenNMS and other apps but I'd like to get everyone's feedback.
Thanks!

-Charlie