Energy consumption vs % utilization?

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Tue Oct 26 20:27:05 UTC 2004

Sure but colo's dont operate on variances of power based on CPU.
They operate on committed power to cabinet i.e. 120W per cabinet
etc. and the ability to cool a fully loaded facility.

If you had a thousand CPU's use 1W more all at the same time it's
equal to about 9.5A. 1KX2W = 20A, 1KX3W=31A, etc. etc.

--
Martin Hannigan                         (c) 617-388-2663
VeriSign, Inc.                          (w) 703-948-7018
hannigan at verisign.com