why upload with adsl is faster than 100M ethernet ?

Joe Shen joe_hznm at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Oct 15 10:04:01 UTC 2004

> It's generally a bad idea to turn of ethernet
> autonegotiation unless
> the equipment at the other side doesn't support it.

Yes, we've checked the configuration, both access
router interface and customer's ethernet interface are
forced to be (100Mbsp, full duplex). And, there is no
CRC records shows.

Your explanation on TCP behavior seems reasonable, but
why TCP over fast access line express so much packet
loss than slow access line ? Do WindowsXP/Win2k
determine its startup sending window according to
access speed or path MTU ?

regards

Joe