Another one bites the dust

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Oct 14 17:37:27 UTC 2004

> From: "Scott Morris" <swm at emanon.com>
> To: "'Husan Sarris'" <husansarris at gmail.com>, <nanog at merit.edu>
> Subject: RE: Another one bites the dust
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:26:55 -0400
>

> Now perhaps this is a little off, but given the logic that you suggest his
> mention of He Who Had a Short Mustache might be offensive (by merely
> mentioning the name)...  Aren't you therefore guilty of the same offensive
> violation?  Gratuitous mentioning does imply that there is a context, and
> the context is something that would/should/could become offensive.
>
> *shrug*
>
> Seems odd.  Humor is good occasionally.  Oblique and non-meritorious
> censorship, however, is not.
>
> Bear in mind, I apparantly haven't paid attention or noticed any of his past
> behavior that may have warranted this.  But it seems equally
> counter-productive to the operation of the list for what he did as what you
> did in order to let him know that.

I doubt very much that Susan is actually writing these messages.

> IMHO,
>
> Scott

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin