3 Mb question

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Oct 14 00:59:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Richard J. Sears wrote:

> If you search the list for ip load-sharing per-packet you will see how
> we manage all of our multi-customer T1s.
>
> Never had any long term luck with MLPPP.

We have used both, and have found that MLPPP gives better results for
real-time applications like voice at the cost of increased CPU.  For
generic data links, ip load-sharing per packet works fine.  If the source
and destination traffic is reasonably diverse, simple equal cost routes
without per-packet will work as well, but you won't get greater than
1.5mbps for a given flow.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/