3 Mb question

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Thu Oct 14 00:30:47 UTC 2004

Hi Gerald -

If you search the list for ip load-sharing per-packet you will see how
we manage all of our multi-customer T1s.

Never had any long term luck with MLPPP.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:47:18 -0400 (EDT)
Gerald <gcoon at inch.com> wrote:

> I've got what seems to me like an innocuous question for this list...
>
> Someone is requesting access to about 3 mb of traffic up/dn. I figure 2
> T1s will give them the 3 Mb I need, but I'm looking for suggestions on
> either efficiently combining those 2 to get the most bandwidth for their
> buck or else I have to look at getting them a ds3 and scaling back to
> what they need.
>
> Is there an good low end suggestion for making effective use of 2 T1s to
> give 3 Mb of bandwidth? In practice, I've seen 2 T1s load balanced with
> CEF not do very well at giving a full 3 Mb. (This was without turning on
> per-packet CEF)
>
> I'm not personally experienced with MLPPP or mux hardware if that helps,
> but I could get it set up if that's the consensus as the best option.
> The NRC of something that would effectively couple the 2 T1s would
> easily beat the MRC of a DS3 which I think might be overkill for just 3
> Mb.
>
> Thanks for suggestions and tips.
>
> Gerald

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Digital Network
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."