[nanog] Re: short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Sun Oct 10 03:57:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

Then get yourself a personal colo (http://www.vix.com/personalcolo/)  A
dynamic ip is no place for a server of any kind.

And it IS the isp's concern.  Most of them would consider running a mail
server on a home-user grade cable connection to be in violation of their
AUP if push came to shove, and they have every right to block you.

-Dan

--

"She's been getting attacked by these leeches, they're leaving these marks
all over her neck. You gotta keep her out of those woods.  If one more

-Someone's Mother, December 18th, 1998