short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Sat Oct 9 15:54:16 UTC 2004

> Yea, verily.  This is not an impossible problem for this community; it is
> only an impossible problem for any one of us acting totally independently.
> And while the solution isn't instant, the tide CAN be turned.

Problem is, we are a fighting a war we already lost. It's put out a fire
here and there, and break a wave while you're at it.

How about seeing some simple measures such as blocking outgoing port 25?
at ISP's? Not a perfect solution, but it's a partial solution for some
of the problems. Combined with other solutions we could start seeing a
change.

	Gadi.