FW: House Toughens Spyware Penalties

Henry Linneweh hrlinneweh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 8 21:07:26 UTC 2004

"The bill also permits computer software providers to
interact with a user's computer without notice and
consent in order to determine whether the computer
user is authorized to use the software upon
initialization of the software or an update of the
software."

I find this aspect of the Bill objectionable, since it
contradicts other laws, which make it illegal to break
into a computer. There is also no guarantee that
the person doing the snooping is above criminal intent
and would create an operational nightmare for
most prudent ISP/NSP organizations.

-Henry

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3419211