short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Oct 8 19:07:48 UTC 2004

> I didn't mean to put IRC in a bad light, just pointing out that as usual,
> any good tool can be abused.

Those drone armies that lurk on actual real networks are a major problem
for the networks themselves, but I doubt anyone can blame them for:

1. Worrying about personal privacy of their users, not wanting to bend
too many rules to fight these drones that *appear* like regular users.

2. Piss enough kiddies and these drone armies will take down servers.
Meaning the hosting company might not even want to keep hosting it
afterwards.

There have been several examples of servers that were taken down along
with the tri-state area, for a few hours. Major losses.

	Gadi.