Big List of network owners?

John Underhill stepnwlf at magma.ca
Thu Oct 28 21:03:57 UTC 2004

Perhaps I should have made my inquiry/intentions a little more specific.
Just in the thinking out loud stage here, but..
I would like to put an interactive help system together. One where, the user
would have the option to forward some types of complaints directly to the
hosting provider/ISP through a web portal. Form data would be collected,
trends analyzed, if a particular address space is consistently behaving
irresponsibly, it would be forwarded to an agent for further investigation.
At which point, depending on the type of, and number of problems, further
steps could be taken to correct the problem, ex administrative contact,
resolving a hijack site to a warning page, or worst case: filtering that
network entirely. We already do this to some degree, but I am looking for a
way to make it more reflexive, automated, and give the users a more direct
course of action that releases our help desk from some of the burden..

John