[nanog] RE: short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Oct 7 16:06:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

> [...]

And it's in this arena that honeypots become most valuable, although if I
personally were going to do something like this, I'd be logged in from a
login from a login over a netzero dialup over a previously-discovered
open-proxy.

The beauty is that script-kiddies aren't that intelligent.

-Dan

--

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH