Best way to get of Bogon list?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Nov 29 19:21:52 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:03:28 +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum said:

> > To some extent this is correct, but these users really need to learn to
> > effectively protect themselves. In the long term atleast.
>
> Never teach a pig to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I've always wondered whether said pig needs pilot training when it gets
the RFC1925 rocket packs attached.....

The lack of adequate pilot and flight safety training for the victims(*) is a
deployment issue for any reasonable firewall/security scheme - either it really
*does* have to be "victim is along for the ride", or we're going to be sitting in
the control tower talking them through the landing....

(*) victims - sometimes the users, sometimes the ISP....