A6/DNAME not needed for v6 renumbering [Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]]

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Mon Nov 29 07:35:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Pekka Savola wrote:

> 6.  Acknowledgments
> [...]
>     Some took it on themselves to convince the authors that the concept
>     of network renumbering as a normal or frequent procedure is daft.
[Note: check spell error - "draft" not "daft"]

>     Their comments, if they result in improved address management
>     practices in networks, may be the best contribution this note has to
>     offer.

<sarcasm>

Oh? Is that "Acknolidgement" the only contribution IETF has to offer in
regards to renumbering? How pathetic!

> To paraphrase Randy from a couple of years ago: 'Ocean: do not drain.'

Is that the same as "Ocean: do not cross"? I guess we're lucky Columbus
did not have same attitude to life as Randy...

</sarcasm>

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks