BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

Henning Brauer hb-nanog at bsws.de
Sun Nov 28 12:21:05 UTC 2004

* Cliff Albert <cliff at oisec.net> [2004-11-28 13:13]:
> Therefore I also agree with daniel that there is not really a problem
> with the 1 ASN == 1 IPv6 Prefix.

unless I miss something in that proposal that means that we'll see a
dramatic increase in ASNs - I mean, it is not like only organizations
with an ASN assigned have v4 space now. If they have their portable
address space now, why should they suddenly accept that they had to
renumber when changing providers?

hb at bsws.de - henning at openbsd.org
(Dennis Ritchie)