BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Nov 26 09:29:21 UTC 2004

> Anyone starting out will be an end site, if that meant you could only
> ever be an end site then there'd be nothing but end sites. Skip to the
> not an end site section and meet those requirements instead.

Agreed... However, the letter of the law in the policy still should be
revisited to express that intent.

>> I think we definitely need
>> to review v6 allocation policy and improve its consistency and ability
>> to meet the needs of the community if v6 is to make real progress towards
>> broad adoption.
>
> I think working on the technical deficiences others have outlined
> would help more.

I don't think these are mutually exclusive.  I think IETF should work on the
technical deficiencies of the protocol.  I think the RIRs and ICANN should
work
on the policy issues.  I see no reason those efforts can't proceed in
parallel.

Owen