BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Nov 26 07:31:02 UTC 2004

Actually, as I read the policy, if you're not assigning /48s to other
organizations, your an END SITE, not an LIR.  Please show me where in
the policy it says different.

Sure, I can easily pretend to be the "internal" LIR for the "200 sub-
organizations" which may conveniently map to sites, but, there's nothing
in the policy (at least in my reading of it) that says anything like
what you have said below.

I think the policy _SHOULD_ make provisions for end sites and circumstances
like this, but, currently, I believe it _DOES NOT_ make such a provision.

Owen

--On Thursday, November 25, 2004 8:20 PM +0000 Ryan O'Connell