Best way to get of Bogon list?

Majid Farid MajidFarid at TelecomOttawa.com
Fri Nov 26 03:41:51 UTC 2004

Jon,

I will lend you the IP list I have so far. IBM is top of the list for
sure :)

The bogon entry was removed in Aug for 72.0.0.0/8 yet people haven't
revisited to update the filters.

Changes in version 2.5 (02 AUG 2004)
71/8 and 72/8 allocated to ARIN (AUG 2004). Removed from the bogon
lists.

Thanks for all the response people.

--
Majid.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu] On Behalf Of
Jon Lewis
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 10:30 PM
To: nanog at merit.edu
Subject: Re: Best way to get of Bogon list?

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> I hate to say it, but that is the only way.
>
> You aren't dealing with a single bogon blocking list, you're dealing
with a
> whole lot of providers who are way behind the times and you just have
to go on
> contacting them one at a time.

Its not even just providers.  If it were, it'd be relatively easy to
just
find and call each NOC.  You're likely to have bogon issues with few
large
providers.  It's mostly smaller providers and end user networks...some
of
which are quite large or high profile.

Do what I did and give people a way to test connectivity from both
affected and unaffected space and setup a 'hall of shame' page listing
the
IPs/networks that are behind broken filters.

If someone will lend me appropriate /24's, I'll copy 69box.atlantic.net
into 70box, 71box, etc. and come up with a large (fairly comprehensive)
list of IPs behind broken bogon filters.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |