Best way to get of Bogon list?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Nov 26 03:29:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> I hate to say it, but that is the only way.
>
> You aren't dealing with a single bogon blocking list, you're dealing with a
> whole lot of providers who are way behind the times and you just have to go on
> contacting them one at a time.

Its not even just providers.  If it were, it'd be relatively easy to just
find and call each NOC.  You're likely to have bogon issues with few large
providers.  It's mostly smaller providers and end user networks...some of
which are quite large or high profile.

Do what I did and give people a way to test connectivity from both
affected and unaffected space and setup a 'hall of shame' page listing the
IPs/networks that are behind broken filters.

If someone will lend me appropriate /24's, I'll copy 69box.atlantic.net
into 70box, 71box, etc. and come up with a large (fairly comprehensive)
list of IPs behind broken bogon filters.