Best way to get of Bogon list?

Majid Farid MajidFarid at TelecomOttawa.com
Fri Nov 26 02:57:34 UTC 2004

Exactly what I have been doing for last week 2 weeks now.

Thanks,

Majid
--------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at outblaze.com>
To: Majid Farid <MajidFarid at TelecomOttawa.com>; nanog at merit.edu <nanog at merit.edu>
Sent: Thu Nov 25 21:56:04 2004
Subject: Re: Best way to get of Bogon list?

Majid Farid <MajidFarid at TelecomOttawa.com> wrote:

> I have question for the list what would be best/fastest way to get off
> bogon list. Arin allocated us a /19 2 months ago (72.1.192.0/19) We
> find that a lot of providers aren't accepting the BGP advertisements
> for that block because the block 72.0.0.0/8 was on bogon list.

There's only one widely used "list" of bogons that I know of -
bogons.cymru.com, and that is quite well updated.

What you are seeing is a whole bunch of providers who have hardcoded
bogon lists into their router ACLs, manually.

The fastest way for you to get off these providers' ACLs is going to be
"call each provider's NOC and tell them to update their filters".

    srs