large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]]

Patrick W Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Nov 23 05:49:31 UTC 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 7:01 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> If all active ASes did this we'd have a 400k routing table. So please
> no PI in IPv6, not even for large enterprises.

Why is an ISP more "worthy" or PI space than a large enterprise.  In
fact, ISPs are responsible for far, far more table pollution than
enterprises.  Pot-Kettle-Black?

Besides that, please remember the Internet is a business, not a
research tool or a toy for those with enable.  Business have business
needs.  If the Internet cannot satisfy them, then the Internet will not
be paid for its services.  This ain't 1999 no more, you need your
customers.

--
TTFN,
patrick