large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]]

Patrick W Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Nov 22 18:55:11 UTC 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 1:48 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

>>> 	this is an assertion which many have claimed is false.
>>> 	based on empericial evidence.
>>>
>> Care to offer a couple of examples of this empirical evidence ?
>
> 	attached.   care to provide counter examples?

While I would never argue there are companies who do not push internal
data over the Internet, I am surprised you think that proves no company
pushes internal data over the Internet.

As for counter examples, I know of a few, but confidentiality does not
allow me to discuss corporate network topology on a public mailing
list.  Does this mean it never happens (i.e. I am lying)?  If you
believe that, so be it.  However, the facts are still the facts, no
matter what your belief is.

--
TTFN,
patrick