large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]]

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon Nov 22 18:48:10 UTC 2004

> >>   Internet connectivity, because transporting all the traffic over
> >>   links or VPNs is a pretty heavy business
> >
> >	this is an assertion which many have claimed is false.
> >	based on empericial evidence.
> >
> Care to offer a couple of examples of this empirical evidence ?

	attached.   care to provide counter examples?

> --

	well... postings to the list indicate cisco only has
	four egress points,  from my experience, Texas Instruments,
	Dupont, EDS, and several others for which the NDA holds.
	all these enterprises have substantial corporate networks
	and few egress points into the commodity Internet.

	you might look at Apple, HP, Sony, LG, Brown&Root, Citi,
	Microsoft, BAE, Airbus, ING, etc...
	and consider why these folks would use the commodity
	internet to move around their corporate data.

	or perhaps you are modeling a different enterprise?

--bill