who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Nov 19 18:50:49 UTC 2004

Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> According to multi6, you will get PA space from each of your ISPs and
> overlay a prefix from each on every subnet.  I'll save y'all another
> rant on the workability of that model...

FWIW, I have submitted an I-D for a method that does not require overlay
prefixes, extra routing table entries or globally unique AS's:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loch-multi6-alternate-path-encoding-01.txt

Note: bit order notation is apparently reversed from I-D standards and
will be fixed in the -02 version.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated (off-list).

--
Kevin Loch