who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

Christian Kuhtz christian.kuhtz at BELLSOUTH.COM
Fri Nov 19 17:50:05 UTC 2004

On 11/19/04 6:33 AM, "Iljitsch van Beijnum" <iljitsch at muada.com> wrote:

> On 19-nov-04, at 5:38, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>
>> According to multi6, you will get PA space from each of your ISPs and
>> overlay a prefix from each on every subnet.  I'll save y'all another
>> rant on the workability of that model...
>
>> Some fear that you would more likely just generate a ULA, use that
>> internally, and NAT at the borders.
>
> It isn't contrary to multi6 gospel to have the address swapping be done
> by boxes somewhere in the middle rather than have all hosts do it for
> themselves.

While that may or may not be gospel, why would the enterprise care to switch
to IPv6 in the first place?

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 113