IPV6 renumbering painless?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Nov 19 17:45:36 UTC 2004

Any org viewing ASNs as a scarce resource is wasting money keeping ASNs.
Any org that financially broken will probably not continue to pay it's
bills in the long run.

I believe these are the exception and not the rule.  Like I said, the
long-term answer to this is 32bit ASNs.  I don't think hoarding will account
for a significant portion of the ASN space in the long run.

Owen

--On Friday, November 19, 2004 6:48 AM -0600 "J.A. Terranson"