DMCA/Chilling Effects

Tom (UnitedLayer) tom at unitedlayer.com
Wed Nov 17 23:51:06 UTC 2004

(taking something from the EFF Thread earlier and making it more relevant)

I'm sure most of the network operators here have at some time or another
dealt with a DMCA, Subpoena or a C&D order.

That being said, has having dealt with those issues lessened your
interest in dealing with "free speech" type organizations?
Has it affected your network policies at all?
Is it something that affects the business side more than the operational
side of your networks?
Does anyone participate in the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse?
(www.chillingeffects.org)

Please respond in private and I'll post a summary in a few days if there's
enough interest.

---
Tom Sparks                                                        UnitedLayer
Office: 415-294-4111                                              AS23342