Cable and Wireless partners with Reliance to set up datacenters in

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Wed Nov 17 16:46:03 UTC 2004

>Daniel Senie:
>
>Was anyone truly surprised C&W failed in the US marketplace? They
>seem only able to make money when they're the government-sanctioned
>monopoly. It'll be interesting to see if they can handle competition
>in India any better than they did in the US.

Last march I did a long interview with Farooq Hussain about the
economics of peering and Cable and Wireless's role in the collapse of
the tier one peering proposition.  Farooq was absolutely scathing in
his indictment of Cable and Wireless' arrogant behavior.  Apparently,
they (C&W) learned nothing and are now waltzing into an indian
partnership where the indian partners don't know anymore.

See http://www.cookreport.com/13.03.shtml  and
http://www.cookreport.com/13.05.shtml
interconnec-
tion to offer equivalent of ILEC UNE  platform at:
http://cookreport.com/13.09.shtml