anycast roots

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Wed Nov 17 13:37:25 UTC 2004

bortzmeyer at nic.fr (Stephane Bortzmeyer) wrote:

> It is not easy to find by itself (you have to do a lot of traceroutes)
> so, if you have access to this information, it would be quite useful.
>
> (I'm one of the persons who see a lot of jitter for
> j.root-servers.net with Randy Bush's experiment.)

Well, either my probes don't pick up the jitter, or I'm guessing the
naming convetion for j wrongly.

I see

jns1-hgtld.j.root-servers.net
jns2-hgtld.j.root-servers.net
jns3-hgtld.j.root-servers.net
jns4-hgtld.j.root-servers.net
jns5-hgtld.j.root-servers.net
jns6-hgtld.j.root-servers.net

(same from AS8495/AS8220 and AS8763)

in alternating fashion, but I would assume "jns1" through "jns6" are
just the individual servers of a setup called "hgtld".

Yours,
	Elmi.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)