Cable and Wireless partners with Reliance to set up datacenters in

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Nov 17 03:45:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

Doesn't this in theory mean any isp who hands you any pipe that you can
slap a linksys VPN router on is also liable?  Where does it begin?  When
it's the ISP who provides the router?  What about colo?  Isn't a dedicated
box (with KAME/Ipsec/OpenVPN/etc) enough to do that?

What about companies who provide ipv6 connectivity over ipv4?

Or is this going to get to the point where there's going to be a
requirement for protocol detection and ISPs will have to perform due
diligence and scan/block -- or pony up?

-Dan

--

"Hey Guys, does anyone know what 'poon tang' is?"

-C.S. Dave, July 8, 2K, about 12:30AM