EFF whitepaper

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Mon Nov 15 20:44:32 UTC 2004

On 11/15/04, Steven Champeon <schampeo at hesketh.com> wrote:

> That said, I've long since stopped listening (or contributing) to the EFF
> as I see their war on antispammers as counterproductive. John Gilmore runs
> a well-known open relay at toad.com, and for some reason thinks that free,
> anonymous speech is important enough to let spammers drown it out through
> sheer volume. I prefer having usable email, so I no longer support the EFF.

	While I continue to be saddened by this, I have to agree.  The
	EFF has done amazing, necessary work on so many issues, and I
	thank them for that -- but they've been blaming the wrong people
	regarding spam for many years.

--
J.D. Falk                                                   okay, what's next?
<jdfalk at cybernothing.org>