who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Nov 15 05:18:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 07:55:56PM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> > in august 2002 there were no v6 isp's.
>
> you're kidding, right?  let's not be too americocentric.
> i assure you there were.

ACK, just look at the "Allocated" column at:

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/ripe/
http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/arin/

Better disregard the "First seen" column, it seems to be incomplete
in many cases.

Agreed, this doesn't tell much how usable those were for any serious
transit (probably almost none).

Unfortunate, even today there are not many option of transit ISPs
who have a real native dual-stack deployment (I consider 6PE to be
native)... most have just tunnels inside. Currently I cannot think
of more than... hm... 3-4 ISPs who can deliver real amounts of
native US-EU bandwidth.

> i think even c&w might have been deploying in the states then.

No, they weren't, but they are now. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel