I want my own IPs

Wayne E. Bouchard web at typo.org
Sun Nov 14 07:09:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:49:41AM -0800, Bill Woodcock wrote:

>       On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, James Laszko wrote:
>     > You've basically got to have around 16 /24's utilized before ARIN will
>     > do anything for you.
>
> If you're multi-homed, however, the minimum allocation is a /22, not a
> /20.
>
>                                 -Bill

Hrm.. I thought if you were NOT multihomed that it was really hard to
qualify to begin with.. (that is, they insisted you pester your ISP
instead.)

Then again, I know four different people who deal with ARIN regularly
and have four different interpretations of the rules which seem to
vary with each application they submit...

---
Wayne Bouchard
web at typo.org
Network Dude