IPV6 renumbering painless?

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Sun Nov 14 03:32:02 UTC 2004

Btw  - using Solaris + no_stack_exec + old ssl - appear to be 100% secure
from all random attacks (it can be broken - in theory, see articles from
'Solar designer' - but it is absolutely inpractical for hacking). I watched
such system (absolutely not patched, with apache and openssl, untouched for
3 years - we kept it as a honeypot - no single exploit). And if you add  IP
filter + non standard port protects your 100% even if your service have
broken library.

As a result - it is safer to run old openssl + filter + solaris, vs running
SuSe linux + automated upgrade + unfiltered openssl. It is wekk known
thing - want best security - do not use anything standard, customize
everything.

So, step 1 - filter;  step 2 -customize; and step 3 - update. Just updates
without first 2 steps are much more dangerous, vs no updates but first 2
steps.

PS. Why is it in IPv6 thread?  And why IP filtering is broken? Even
primitive firewall can do enough p[rotection to make any random packets
useless.