How to Blocking VoIP ( H.323) ?

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Fri Nov 12 22:37:39 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

> If someone want to be insane -  allow him to do it; what's the problem? Is
> this question coming from Panamian government? -:)

when you have to comply with some insane gov't ruling at penalty of
legal (possibly felony type actions) you will also squeal like the virtual
pig...

> This is internet - if I have 10 Mbit connection and 100msec latency, I can
> use it for Voice, no way to block me; if it is 19200bits/second and 2 second
> latency, I can not. That's all. Other methods can provide temporary reliefe
> only.

true, this was the arguement put forth to the folks at the time, they
still insisted on their backwards, telco-minded thinking... Fortunately
after a few months they saw the light and removed the requirement.

Joe might not be that lucky, or he might be able to show precedent to
others about why it's bad to try to block the voip.