I want my own IPs

James Laszko jamesl at pcipros.com
Fri Nov 12 18:35:38 UTC 2004

The general rule of thumb for ARIN IP space is that if you need IP
independence, you can't have it. <g>

You've basically got to have around 16 /24's utilized before ARIN will
do anything for you.  Once you're at this point, they'll give you a /20
to renumber everyone, but will reserve a contiguous /19 for you if you
can justify that you'll use it within the next 3-6 months.

It's a real fun Catch-22. :)

James Laszko
Pipeline Communications, Inc.
james at pcipros.com