I want my own IPs

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Nov 12 18:25:04 UTC 2004

      On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Philip Lavine wrote:
    > I have recently been turned down by ARIN for an
    > address block. I currently have 4 /24's from ISP's and
    > would like IP independence. How do I convince ARIN to
    > give me a block -- /20 I guess?

It's not a matter of convincing, it's a matter of demonstrating need.

If you're actually _using_ the four /24s, you can demonstrate a need for a
/22 today.  So a good first step would be to use the four /24s until
they're full.  Second step would be to apply to ARIN for a /22 to replace
them.  Renumber into that.  Then keep applying to ARIN for more space as
you need it.

                                -Bill