How to Blocking VoIP ( H.323) ?

Joe Shen joe_hznm at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Nov 12 10:35:18 UTC 2004

After reading your kindly reply, I got following
list for blocking VoIP at edge router:

1. block traffic on port 1719, 1720 (both tcp/udp),
   but this could not deal with those who modified
   signaling port;

2. content filtering by using some special euqipment;
   , very expensive

3. legismation by gov., well I don't think this could
   be a method possible

4. ???? for IM with voice ability

5. change QoS level for marked packets,
   (how could it be done with no QoS network, RED ?)

here goes my further question:

a) Could WRED be applied with current network for VoIP
packets selectively? ( I means RTP packets carrying
unwanted VoIP )

b) Is there anyway to cache those equipment modifying
signaling port number?

c) any better way ? any experience?

regards

Joe