How to Blocking VoIP ( H.323) ?

Robert Mathews mathews at hawaii.edu
Thu Nov 11 20:15:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:49:10 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Christopher L. Morrow <christopher.morrow at mci.com>
> To: Robert Mathews <mathews at hawaii.edu>
> Cc: NANOG <nanog at merit.edu>
> Subject: Re: How to Blocking  VoIP ( H.323) ?
>
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Robert Mathews wrote:
> >

> > To Joe Shen:
> >
> > Perhaps 'I am failing to see it' but, what can be gained by blocking VoIP
> > traffic other than freeing bandwidth and CPU churnings?
>
> reference panamanian gov'ts choice to protect legacy/incumbant carrier
> business by blocking voip. no one said it was 'smart' just that it was
> what the gov't wanted. Perhaps Joe lives in a similar situation?

Hi Chris:

Indeed....  hegemonic tendencies/behaviour by telcos aside, I was
attempting to understand if there were 'some' ORGANIZATIONAL dyscrasias
that prohibited 'operationlizing' of VoIP.  To be brief, I would humbly
submit that any malady in this area is worthy of greater exploration IF
ONLY to expedite and effectuate the alignment of org-to-org operational
instruments and their respective interfaces.

Best,
Robert.
-------