Important IPv6 Policy Issue -- Your Input Requested

Jørgen Hovland jorgen at hovland.cx
Wed Nov 10 00:06:13 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Network.Security" <Network.Security at target.com>

> On 2004-11-09-17:10:02, "Network.Security" <Network.Security at target.com>
> wrote:
>> We receive a disturbingly large amount of traffic sourced from the 1918
>> space destined for our network coming from one of our normally
>> respectable Tier 1 ISP's (three letter acronym, starts with 'M', ends
>> with 'CI').
>>
>> This is particularly irritating since we pay for burstable service; nice
>> that we are paying for illegitimate traffic to come down our pipes.

Hello. I felt I had to write a small comment to this.

For the record, we use 1918 address range on several of our public routers
meaning you will get legitimate traffic from this address space, atleast
from us unless you are filtering it (which is of course all your decision).
Filtering any type of traffic at all by a transit provider without the
possibility to remove these filters _could_ be reason enough for us to
terminate the contract with them since we would feel we were not paying for
real internet connectivity.

Joergen Hovland ENK