AOL tarpitting?

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Sat Nov 6 09:52:22 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----

The feedback loop seems to work quite well though we see a lot of what I
consider to be bogus spam reports (not mass mail - just the usual idiots
forwarding jokes, mail from their own employers, etc.)..  I suspect some
AOL users think the 'report as spam' button is the delete key - it was
pointed out that they are next to each other on the menu.

The reports have helped us to find a few low volume exploits of scripts
(<100 messages /day) on the web servers that we probably would not have
found otherwise.

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex