IPv6 support for com/net zones on October 19, 2004

JP Velders jpv at veldersjes.net
Mon Nov 1 10:40:16 UTC 2004

> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:01:45 -0400
> From: Joe Abley <jabley at isc.org>
> Subject: Re: IPv6 support for com/net zones on October 19, 2004

> [ ... ]
> We've had reports before of F's covering /48 (2001:500::/48) being
> filtered by some people, based on the conviction that /48s were always
> bad and should never be accepted by anybody. It's possible that this is
> biting Verisign, too.

A nice and handy tool to see if something is being propagated and/or
filtered is the SixXS.net GRH Tool which allows prefix comparison(s):

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/compare/?when=current&format=html&a=2001:503:a83e::/48&b=2001:500::/48
(not much sense, since the AS's differ ;D)

SixXS.net actively welcomes Ghost Route Hunter peers:
http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/peering/

Regards,
JP Velders