Open Source BGP Route Optimization?

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Sat May 29 18:45:54 UTC 2004

We used such system in Russia for many years, with a few exceptions:
-- did not used SNMP (because it is a sux!), used 'ssh/rsh router show ...'
commands instead;
- not top 10 traffic flows, but top 10 traffic flows + top 10 unusual
traffic flows.

Worked effectively.

>To bring this back on topic, I imagine I'd be happy with a tool that simply
>identified top traffic flows and automatically provided me with traceroute
>and ping results. Though admittedly I'm not sure how useful it would end up
i>n real life, it sounds like it could be relatively useful tool in the
hands