Open Source BGP Route Optimization?

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Fri May 28 09:37:44 UTC 2004

Are there any BGP extensions that would cause a BGP speaker to foward all of
it's paths, not just it best? I believe quagga had made some recent attempts
in this direction. IIRC the problem isn't to do with the route annoucements,
it's the route withdrawals. I believe BGP only specifies the prefix being
withdrawn and not the path, so if it's advertised multiple paths to a prefix
it's impossible to know which has been withdrawn.

Sam