Cisco HFR

Ryan Dobrynski ryan at viaccess.net
Thu May 27 19:26:47 UTC 2004

Because the suits (atleast the ones here) wont buy anything, unless they
have seen an ad for it on cnn that promises it will tie thier socks for
them.

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Williams, Jeff wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:55:47 -0600
> From: "Williams, Jeff" <jwilliams3 at tiaa-cref.org>
> To: "'nanog at merit.edu'" <nanog at merit.edu>
> Subject: RE: Cisco HFR
>

> Peter Galbavy wrote:
> >Today's Financial Times in the UK carried a mutli-page (1/3rd or so of
> >each broadsheet page) series of ads for this platform.
> >
> >Ergh, the worst fluffy "now you can do this" marketing I have seen in
> >quite a while. When will they learn that "bigger, faster, harder" is
> >difficult to PR...
> >
> >Peter
>
> Given the performance of this box isn't it a bit silly to mass market
> advertise it?  At a guess there are only a few dozen companies worldwide
> that might need such a machine- so why not go direct to them?  Or is this a
> case of 'brand awareness'?  Is it really that important that the population
> at large thinks that Cisco gear is at the core of the Internet?  Are
> end-users supposed to call their ISP and demand they use Cisco 'cause they
> saw a commercial for them?  Just curious... I like their gear, just not
> their marketing.
>
> Jeff

> This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
> TIAA-CREF

Ryan Dobrynski
Hat-Swapping Gnome
Choice Communications

Like the ski resort of girls looking for husbands and husbands looking
for girls, the situation is not as symmetrical as it might seem.