Cisco HFR

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Wed May 26 19:09:57 UTC 2004

Williams, Jeff wrote:

>Given the performance of this box isn't it a bit silly to mass market
>advertise it?  At a guess there are only a few dozen companies worldwide
>that might need such a machine- so why not go direct to them?  Or is this a
>case of 'brand awareness'?  Is it really that important that the population
>at large thinks that Cisco gear is at the core of the Internet?  Are
>end-users supposed to call their ISP and demand they use Cisco 'cause they
>saw a commercial for them?  Just curious... I like their gear, just not
>their marketing.

Boeing and Airbus run advertisements for their planes. And hardly any of
the readers are actively considering purchasing either A380 or 777.
(to put this on operational context, anyone for land speed record with
an A380 fully loaded with 300G hard drives?)

Or how about the Newport News ad for an aircraft carrier?

Pete