Cisco HFR

Williams, Jeff jwilliams3 at tiaa-cref.org
Wed May 26 18:55:47 UTC 2004

Peter Galbavy wrote:
>Today's Financial Times in the UK carried a mutli-page (1/3rd or so of
>each broadsheet page) series of ads for this platform.
>
>Ergh, the worst fluffy "now you can do this" marketing I have seen in
>quite a while. When will they learn that "bigger, faster, harder" is
>difficult to PR...
>
>Peter

Given the performance of this box isn't it a bit silly to mass market
advertise it?  At a guess there are only a few dozen companies worldwide
that might need such a machine- so why not go direct to them?  Or is this a
case of 'brand awareness'?  Is it really that important that the population
at large thinks that Cisco gear is at the core of the Internet?  Are
end-users supposed to call their ISP and demand they use Cisco 'cause they
saw a commercial for them?  Just curious... I like their gear, just not
their marketing.

Jeff

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF