Road Runner contact needed

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Sat May 22 01:42:40 UTC 2004

Mark Jones wrote:
> my case, it was a /24 that was blocked (mixture of dialup, dynamic dsl,
> and static). My query for info resulted in the /24 being unblocked, then
> later a trojaned customer spewed spam and got the /24 blocked again.

Having proper rDNS and if possible suballocating dialup / dhcp and
static ip pools would be a good idea, so admins can tell these apart
when they are applying ACLs.

> This was repeated a couple times, apparently. It might have been better
> if I had specifically requested unblocking of just the one IP in there
> that actually runs a mailserver - it likely would have stayed unblocked.

That too is a good idea.

--
suresh ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com gpg EDEDEFB9
manager, security and antispam operations, outblaze ltd