Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

Eric A. Hall ehall at ehsco.com
Wed May 19 23:24:03 UTC 2004

On 5/19/2004 6:19 PM, James Couzens wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 15:28, Eric A. Hall wrote:

> Going through the spam that I've got access to (and it is a substantial
> amount allbeit not in the millions of spam per day) I can't seem to
> associate the spam with chinese urls, and certainly not to the extent
> that you indicate (90%).

extract hostname from url, dig on hostname, whois on addr, and nine times
out of ten the host is in a CN netblock. that's from the spam that gets
into my mailbox.

let me state AGAIN that what I really want is a plugin that allows for
cidr match-lists so that I can also include the handful of non-enforcing
hosters in Russia, New York, Florida, etc. One responder also suggested
ASN matchlists but I'm not that mad.