Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon May 17 21:14:33 UTC 2004

At 05:00 PM 17/05/2004, Joe Boyce wrote:
>Not to thread jack or anything, but when I first moved our cluster to
>Spam Assassin, I was disappointed at the amount of messages that would
>get past Spam Assassin at even a low threshold of 2.
>
>I Googled around and found a bunch of rulesets that once installed,
>started tagging those hard to get messages.

Also, use the various RBLs in the scoring.  e.g. add 50% of the threshold
score if its on spamcop and 25% for some of the other more aggressive
RBLs.  We have a very high and correct hit rate as a result.  Our users can
then add white lists for the handful of their contacts that get tagged as
spam since they are using spam friendly ISPs.

         ---Mike